I realize there has been a lack of ‘quality’ posts lately, and I apologize for that. I really, really do. I hate posting 4 sentences, I feel like I am ripping you off. And I promise to make it up to you very shortly. For I am working on my biggest challenge yet!
I am making the favours for my cousin’s wedding, which is June 23rd. I am also in the wedding, but that part’s easy. I have been prepping every week night to get these favours done, and look awesome at the same time. I don’t want to go into too much detail, but here’s a glimpse at what has been happening in my kitchen.
- I have 18 pounds of butter in my fridge. Let me say that again, I have 18 pounds of butter in my fridge.
- I have gone through 4 cartons of eggs in 2 weeks
- I now buy a bottle of almond extract every time I happen to find one at HomeSense (cheapest place for quality extract, FYI)
- My husband, bless him, has taken on extra chores around the house so I can bake every night
- I get nervous when I empty the second half of the 10kg bag of flour into my giant Rubbermaid container
- I haven’t referenced my cookie recipe in months, but I have to look up my husbands cell number before I call him
- I get excited when I see sugar on sale for $1.77/bag
In addition to the wedding favours, I have also taken on a few ‘end of the year’ cookie gifts for teachers, because apparently, I don’t think I need to sleep anymore. I am definitely earning my week off in July!
I also ordered some new packaging/business cards. If you’ve never heard of moo.com you are missing out, their quality is by far the best I have ever come across for this type of stuff, and trust me, in my real job all I do is look and deal with printed products.
Stickers to identify each package I deliver.
An array of business cards showing off past creations!
I hope to be able to post more in the near future, and post better, more interesting posts. I haven’t forgotten about my bloggy friends, I promise you something drool worthy right after my cousin’s wedding is over and I can piece together a post with lot’s of photo’s!
Did someone say butter was on sale??????